Assistant Events Manager
Location: Shanghai, China
Start Date: Summer 2015
iconx seeks an individual who has a passion for skateboarding. This individual will help plan and execute skateboard programs and events including (but not limited to) seasonal camps, after school activities, demonstrations, birthday parties, and festivals. They will work towards the goal of growing the sport of skateboarding in Asia.
Key functions / responsibilities:
- Working with schools, families, and children – ensuring quality skateboard programs with excellent customer service
- Being a lead skateboard coach for any and all kind of activity
- Ability to manage, and motivate teams in a smooth, organized way; promoting focus and urgency. Must be able to improvise / be flexible with lessons
- Able to patiently work with a diverse group of students and maintain control
- Being a role model: friendly, enthusiastic, motivational, reliable
- Maintain equipment / gear, purchase insurance for events, ensure fruit / water are present, collect attendance daily, and send daily event reports to manager
- Marketing and promotion for events
- Salesman in both a retail and non-retail settings
- Content generation: shooting and editing photos / videos from events with timely postings for families, schools, and sponsors to see
- Utilizing social media accounts
- Adaptable to different cultural and business settings: there will be communication barriers among other challenges you will need to overcome
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Knowledgeable in skateboard brands and product
- Must have a solid foundation of skateboarding skills that can transfer into being taught
- Comfortable working as part of a team and or independently
- Positive attitude
- Must be organized, able to multitask / prioritize, have well written and verbal communication skills, and be interpersonal
Due to the nature of this position, candidates must be available to work a flexible schedule. This may include weekends, early mornings, evenings and some extended travel.
If you’re interested in applying, send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of: “Assistant Events Manager – Iconx”.